- On a rain slicked road, Tuesday morning there was a two car collision at the intersection of Villa Rd & Rt. 5. Responding were Engine 141 (Webster Field), Rescue Engine 42 (Ridge VFD) Ambulance 498 (Ridge VRS) and Ambulance 397 (Lexington Park VRS). Two patients were transported to St. Mary's Hospital.... (Full Story & Photos)
- 4-02 Box, 08:11- Rescue Engine 42 was dispatched to the intersection of Mattapany Road and Three Notch Road for a reported motor vehicle accident involving two vehicles. Crews from RE-42 and Engine 141 (NDWFD, Webster Field) worked together to provide patient care and removal of the victims. Engine 43 assisted police with traffic control. One driver was transported to SMH and the other refused care ... (Full Story & Photos)
- Ridge Volunteer Fire Department participated in the Annual Southern Maryland Volunteer Firemen's Association Convention held May 4th and 5th. The 2013 Convention was hosted by the Leonardtown Rescue Squad in support of their member Shirley Copado, President 2013-2014. The Memorial Service was held May 4, 2013 at the Romuald Hall - St. Mary's Ryken High School. William "Ross" Raley and Joseph Granville ... (Full Story & Photos)
- The Ridge Volunteer Fire Department's Fire Prevention team was invited to bring the Fire Prevention trailer to the annual "Month of the Military Child" event. We participated along with PAX River Fire Department , the military police and base security unit. We setrup at the NEX store. Our hostess was Chrisie Smock. The sun was out all day, windy and chilly to begin with and changing to a nice ... (Full Story & Photos)
- On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 1313 hours, a call came in for an outside fire at 16601 St. Jeromes Neck Road. The following units were dispatched- Engine 141, Tanker 4 (Keith Raley and Firefighter Jeff Gerek), Brush 4 (Safety Officer Francis Raley, Allen Raley, Josh Wise, and Karen Raley. SMECO was also dispatched. Upon arrival, the power lines had caused a tree to catch fire and burn some of the ... (Full Story & Photos)
- On January 26, 2013 the 65th annual Installation of Officers Banquet was held at the Ridge Volunteer Fire Department Fire Hall. To start off the evening, the administrative, operational and auxiliary officers were sworn in by Chuck Shaw and Bobby Lacey, Presidents of the Southern Maryland Volunteer Fireman's Association.
- A group of homeschoolers visited Company 4 on Friday, November 16, 2012. They normally meet in California, Md. at the SAYSF Bible church. Joe Cooper and a young man in the crowd started off by demonstrating the Personal Protective Equipment. Next on the agenda was a tour and explanation of the equipment on Engine 42. George Franklin than proceeded to show the other pieces of apparatus and how ... (Full Story & Photos)
- Hurricane SANDY came calling on Monday October 29, 2012. The Ridge Volunteer Fire Department was ready for all of its might. The first district was inundated with lots of rain and high winds but was left with minimal damage compared to many ofther areas hit by the hurricane. We spent quite a bit of time getting ready for this event and it appeared as though it paid off. The attched photos take ... (Full Story & Photos)
SANDY comes calling
Protecting Maryland's First Since 1948
Content Proudly Maintained by:
Ridge Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.
13820 Point Lookout Road, P.O. Box 520
Ridge, MD 20680